|FileExplorer 1.15 (English version) |
by Dominique HUGO
|Registration Key:||No key required|
FileExplorer is a free browser for the Nokia 7650, it allows you to manipulate any files, you can use the cut/copy/paste functions thru the directories, you can also send files via bluetooth or infrared, mms. you can open the files directly, Other usefull functions are also available such as making or removing directories, keep the light always on, perform screenshot, restart the phone, find the files, view IMEI and firmware version, view network, edit a file, set a file as operator-logo ... and more coming soon !!!! Also available in german, finnish, italian, czech, slovak on request.
Nokia N-Gage, Nokia Series 60, Nokia 3650, Nokia 7650
FExplorer V1.15 (November 5th, 2005)
- in a search, if a directory is found, the right key enters into this folder.
- the full path of the files is displayed while browsing the inbox, process and tasks.
- A check (with a message) is now performed before copying or moving files to ensure there is free space enough on the destination drive.
- in the 'tools menu', added a function to directly call the bluetooth manager.
- added a progress dialog with the name of the file being copied.
- in the hex viewer, the keys '3' and '9' can be used as page-up, page-down.
- in the hex viewer, when in full screen mode, the file is displayed on 8 bytes, the ascii characters are displayed at the top, line per line.
- in the hex viewer, with small files, corrected a bug to avoid FE to panic and exit when going down 'too deeply' in the text.
- added a function in the 'edit' menu to invert the selection of the current directory - marked files and dir become un-marked and un-marked become marked.
- it's now possible to mark folders (like the files) and copy/cut/paste them with the files.
- added the latest phones in the phone type list (3230,6680,6681,6682,N70,N90).
- added, in the 'tools' menu, an option to dump (into a log file placed in the root) a list of *all* the installed applications with their UID and their path; this file can then be sended to the pc via bluetooth, infrared; the result is something like this (06/29/2005) :
- when displaying the full path in the 'small scrolling windows (key : )', the  key copies the full path and filename into the clipboard to be used in the notepad, ....
- after a 'compress memory', the new -free memory- value is displayed in the navigation pane (ie: the screen is refreshed).
- fixed the bug to avoid to use 2 times the 'NO' key on exit.
- the attributes of a file can now be modified.
- it's now possible to save the screenshots either in the phone memory or in the MMC.
- like the processes, the currently running tasks can be displayed, kill, ...
- this version was a beta with an expiration date.
Current Version 1.13
- added the lastest phones in the phone type list.
- suppress 'send by infrared' on N-Gage QD.
- the files taken from the screenshot are now
numbered 001, 002, ....
- Added a 'goto path' in the 'file find' panel.
- Access to files contained in the 'inbox' directly
from the root.
- Multiple files copy/paste/cut/delete is now available (shortcut  in used in this case).
- A scrolling window can be display to show the whole path and filename (shortcut  is used, scroll is done with joystick left/right).
- You can now display the content of a file either
with the build-in text viewer or in hexadecimal.
- this version was a beta with an expiration date.
- the screen shot is fixed for the Nokia 6600.
- the last search is saved for the next session.
- more infos have been added in the 'phone/info' menu.
- a new sub-menu has been added in the 'tools' menu to compress the memory (with the available memory
before and after the compression).
- shorcut '6' has been added to go to the top of the list
- a message is displayed when a screenshot is saved.
- added the time in the properties of the files and the date and time in the properties of a directory.
- the number of the last screenshot is saved and continue with the next version (to avoid overwrtting).
- the icons associated with the files (if so) are now displayed in the list.
- you can now turn the infrared ON from the Tools menu.
- I have improved the quality factor of the images captured with the screenshot, the image is now captured at 176 x 208 instead of 176 x 188.
- it's now possible to run the .EXE files (not only .APP, ex: to run console applications).
- in full screen mode, the size (free/total) of the drives is displayed at the top of the screen if activated.
- before exiting FE, the last directory is saved for the next use if selected in the settings.
- the network info box displays also the area id and the cell id.
- when exiting the editor-viewer, the previous path is kept.
- it's now possible to delete read only files after a confirmation message.
- some shortcuts have been added :
: go to root
: file properties
- added a menu : network information.
- in the 'file menu', it's now possible to set a picture as an operator logo (last point of the menu); jpg and gif are resized, bmp none.
- a 'settings menu' has been added that allows to configure FExlp. (the settings are saved); you can set up the color in lists, the display of the full path in full screen mode the full screen mode.
- a confirmation dialog is showed before quitting the pgm.
- the restart function has a confirmation message
- it's possible to edit (in fact view) the files (like ini...).
- the size of the files are displayed on each line and the font is smaller to display more character.
Version 1.07 :
- the info-boxes of the drives and files properties have been enhanced, also added the hidden,archive,r/o and system attributes of the files and the 3 UID's.
- the restart function is, now, in a phone menu which gives also the info about the phone (imei, firmware version and date).
- in the cut/copy/paste system, a dialog box appears in the paste command if the file already exists to confirms its replacement.
- when asking for 'the properties' on a folder, it gives the number of sub-folers and the number of files under the current folder.
- when copying a file, the attributes (of the destination) are reset (eg: R/O is off if the source was on); this allows to copy files from the z: drive and delete them after.
- when renaming a file, the old filename is displayed in the rename dialog box.
- when a 'search for files' is performed from the root, the 'edit' menu is activated.
- 'enter' on a drive causes an enter on this drive and 'left
key' on a drive causes to display the properties box of this
Version 1.06 :
- browse thru the directories and delete/cut/copy/paste any file
- perform a 'search files' thru the directories
- Toggle to full screen to gain space (i.e. with no upper pane)
- send files thru MMS, SMS, bluetooth, infrared
- create and delete directories
- see information (size, creation date..) of files or disks
- view files with associated file viewer / player
- turn the light of the display always on or off (great for the games)
- restart the phone to the initial state
- capture screens and save the images to a jpg file